Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Joyful Song of Praise


When you open the blog the song that starts is Jesus I Come (Out of Bondage).  It is a song from one of the Christ Community cd's, entitled Indelible Grace III-produced by Kevin Twit. We sing this song during worship at our church and it moves me everytime I sing it. It has been a favorite of mine for years, but it now has a deeper meaning in my heart. I now think of my precious son, Judah, when I hear it. The title of the blog was named Jubilant Psalm after this song- a more poetic way of phrasing-a joyful song of praise. Singing a joyful song of praise, we are praising Him for His sweet hand over our boy. And honestly, I also think of myself and the depth and depravity of my sin-for I to was brought out of bondage, sorrow and night into His freedom, gladness and light. Here are the words of the whole song. I could not download the entire song on my blog. I highly suggest getting the cd it is powerful.

Out of my bondage, sorrow and night, Jesus I come:
Jesus I come. Into Thy freedom, gladness and light,
Jesus I come to Thee. Out of my sickness into Thy
health. Out of my wanting and into Thy wealth, Out
of my sin and into Thyself, Jesus I come to Thee.

Out of my shameful failure and loss, Jesus I come; Jesus
I come. Into the glorious gain of Thy cross, Jesus I come
to Thee. Out of earth's sorrows into Thy balm, Out of
life's storms and into Thy calm. Out of distress into
jubilant psalm, Jesus I come to Thee.

Out of unrest and arrogant pride, Jesus I come;
Jesus I come. Into Thy blessed will to abide, Jesus I
come to Thee. Out of myself to dwell in Thy love,
Out of despair into raptures above, Upward forever
on wings like a dove, Jesus I come to Thee.

Out of the fear and dread of the tomb, Jesus I come;
Jesus I come. Into the joy and light of Thy home, Jesus
I come to Thee. Out of the depths of ruin untold, Into
the peace of Thy sheltering fold. Ever Thy glorious face
to behold, Jesus I come to Thee.





No comments:

Post a Comment